Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Some things I needed to do

On January 19 of this year, I bought my last pack of cigarettes and began my patch days and going smokeless. The Pack, still half full with lighter, has been in plane view on the down stairs desk right next to the week of charting my smoking patterns sheets. I could easily see them and guess in the back of my mind knew if worse came to worse, I could get one and smoke it. Not sure why but this knowing was a bit comforting to me but never did I even consider smoking one. Funny but maybe my security blanket. So yesterday, I angrily ripped the pack into pieces being sure I destroyed each and ever smoke. The Marlboro Man was dead !
I also needed to go ahead and face the Greenhouse and the smelly, mush of what was left of my collection of Elephant Ears and Cajun Hibiscus. These were my favorite plants for the last few years. As I moved each one outside and trimmed back the obvious dead, there was still a tiny bit of hope. At the base of many was a little bit of green. Maybe a few survived after all. The Greenhouse smells much better now but still a bit to go. Guess my new improved sense of smell was not a positive this time.
The ballgames are getting close to championship time. Still happy that there are still 2 "little guys" alive. Will watch these today and hope my picks will live to play another day. Even did a few "home exercises" as I watched.
A few chores down and a few still to go.

1 comment: