Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Back in the swing of things

The injury of Wednesday then pampering on Friday made the workout of Monday tough. I did go early and do most of my treadmill time prior to the class. I knew that this would be hard with the slack time of several days and I was not wrong.
Today I am very sore in many areas of the body. Nothing wrong with the leg area that I hurt last week, just muscles that had not been used in a while. Kris was the coach for the class and will continue in this role. He is very focused on the legs and most workout stations were designed to work this area of the body. He likes to have more stations with just two rotations. I am not sure of why he prefers this set up but it seems to work you in more areas. He is also more focused on us doing each activity correctly, making minor adjustments to target specific areas. Either way, I was tired out after the workout. I did do my strength training after class. I was not able to add reps or weight to my plan, maybe next time.
Temps dropped and it is a bit chilly again. Rain in the forecast but none yet. We are dangerously dry and springs are usually the catch up rainfall time for us. Grass fires and burn bans are scattered across our area. Most of the grass in the back yard is dead from either the drought of last summer or the hard winter temps. Not sure of how I will address this problem but with so little rain, I will put it on hold for a while.
Being a Non-Smoker does not keep the urges or triggers from coming around. They are still there but only for a short moment or so. I still am chewing gum often. May not be great but better than smoking. I am still eating more and sticking with mostly fruit and trail mix as the snacks.
A little late start today but with only cardio scheduled, not a problem.

1 comment:

  1. Temps still cool and we got only a trace of rain. Disappointed about the rain since we are so needy.
    Did my cardio and a turn on each of the strength machines yesterday.
    Look forward to seeing the crew this morning and seeing what Kris has in store for us in the class.

    ReplyDelete