Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Git R Done..

Today is Texas Independence Day so Happy Birthday Texas.
It is also Wednesday and my cardio, strength and Express class day. Look forward to these days because the class really pushes me.
Yesterday was really "Git R Done" day for me. After the cardio workout, I went to hardware store and picked up supplies for my needed list of chores. I had called my handy man friend and was in luck as he was at the store. Got the needs and had punched my list of thing to do by lunch time.
My biggest need was to get the water line repaired that goes to the Greenhouse.
Worked in the greenhouse and did the dreaded survey of dead or alive plants. Maybe 25% of things will make it in an overfilled building. Started whacking back mainly hibiscus to see if there was any green wood to indicate life. Several large garbage cans later, there is a little hope. Interesting that after completing this chore the urge for a smoke was stronger than I had experienced in all of the smoke free days to date. Wow, I had to just go inside and eat a bite to get over this craving. Made it but again Wow, this was a wake up call that will be a battle forever.
I still will and am doing anything to quit.
Gotta go get ready for the workout. Get R Done.

3 comments:

  1. Breaks are a huge trigger.

    When I quit I could not take breaks at work anymore. A break always meant a smoke. I still don’t take work breaks.

    You should try to develop new habits. Maybe after you work hard you get a glass of iced tea while you walk around the yard and survey the damage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always like your advice as it is right on. That been there, done that also helps.
    Will plan better from now on with options.
    Thanks.
    Hope you have almost healed and ready to get ready for the next event.

    Worked hard today but did not enjoy it, too many bike stations which are not my strength.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cessation class this afternoon, will go in early and get the cardio done.
    Zerk is in recovery from his surgery so just be me in class.
    Only 7 more patches to go.

    Hope to get some yard work done today.

    ReplyDelete