Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Ides of March are coming...

...and am I so ready for it.
March 15 is the last average frost date for my growing zone. I will also be nicotine free, smoke free and should claim the title of Non-Smoker. This will also mark 3 months of workouts. I am quite proud of the decisions that have resulted in major changes in my life.
This is also March Madness, with the start of the NCAA basketball tourney. This may be my favorite sporting event of the year. So many games on TV that even I can get crazy watching them.
The only issue I see is the conflict of workouts and gardening projects. Master Gardener work days are usually on Fridays and I really enjoy these and want to continue my involvement with them. We have one coming up this Friday. The Express workout classes are Monday, Wednesday and Fridays, which I also enjoy. Since both are scheduled for 9:00 a.m., I must choose one or be late for the work day if I try to make both. We will see which activity wins out or the compromise that I can come up with to solve the issue.
I can also see the 5 days a week workout schedule get tested. With more activities in the spring, my ambitious plans may get altered. In the beginning, my thoughts were to get exercise during the cold months of the year when I am usually so inactive. I can not believe that I am having this debate in my head. Who would of thought that workouts and gardening could have even come close to the same importance for me. A little bit of balance can allow for both.
By the way, for a Monday, yesterdays workouts and class went well. I looked forward to them after the weekend off.

No comments:

Post a Comment