Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

But who's counting...

Looking over my Farmer's Almanac calendar, there are lots of things slipping up on me.
0 days until I must get a haircut.
2 days until I am finished with the Patches
6 days until the Madness begins
7 days until the last average frost day and I do not have my tomatoes beds worked
1 month until our Plant Sale and I have zero plants potted up. Yikes !!

Counting in the other direction -
48 days being smoke free
12 weeks or 60 sessions of workouts

Yesterday's workout was good but hard like Mondays always go. I still enjoy the Express class and push hard in each station. I continue to get better and stronger each week. It is really amazing to think back on days prior to beginning workouts.
I will have my annual doctors checkup soon and will see how the changes have improved my health.
After workouts yesterday I needed a test on my smoking resistance. I dropped by friends that are heavy smokers. This always means coffee and chat, both triggers for smoking for me. I did have coffee and we did chat but surprised that there were not any real pulls on me for a smoke. Actually, the smell was not an attraction at all but more of a negative. I am not there yet but this was a very good sign for me. Ready to ditch the patches in a few days and pass another test. Mentally I think I am there, anxious to see if there will be any withdrawals to deal with.
A nice rain this morning and a bit cool to me. Hope to schedule a hair cut around my cardio workout. Also ready to see if I can/will do any exercise at home. I know lots of TV time coming with the games about to begin. Also must get some of the gardening chores started.
Also notice that I am eating a good bit more. Still sticking with mostly fruits and nut type between meal snacks. Hope to gain a little weight but not a belly.





3 comments:

  1. 12 weeks / 60 sessions = 5 a week. That exceeds your goals.

    And the non-smoking. That is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe a little "Tiger Blood" still in the tank.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, impressive! 60 workouts! And not smoking....
    Give youself some slack on the tomato beds. You still have 7+ days.

    ReplyDelete