Total Pageviews

Friday, March 4, 2011

Don't get fooled

The last couple of weeks have been much warmer than average in my area. This has many of the spring flowering trees and shrubs showing their colors early. This warm trend also signals the spring fever in us. WHOA ! Easter comes late this year ( April 24 ) and we always have a cold snap around this time. Yesterday I did get out and do some much needed pruning of plants. It only made a small dent in things that I need to get done. I do not need to jump the gun with some things.
Yesterday I just went in early to get my cardio training in prior to the smoking class. It was only Kolby and I in class so we viewed the video and discussed things. I liked this as it was a one on one for the whole time. Interesting that the subject of the video was " Preventing Relapse". Very timely for me as I could see myself getting fooled in my process of not smoking. Also discussed my progress in the workouts, again an area that I need to be reminded that I am really only a beginner in the area. Good class with subjects that helped me remember things.
Today the Master Gardener's have another workday. I will workout, do my class and arrive at the Garden late. Priorities :)
Fran has isolated only one area of the house as her smoking area. This has made things better for me. I think this also has her thinking. She told me that she has begun to count and chart her smoking habit, ask about the patch. Not sure what this means but maybe she will join me. I know she will join me at the fitness center after retirement. Maybe this stuff is catching. Becoming a Non-Smoker is a big decision, you can not do it for someone else.

1 comment:

  1. Your attitude is contagious. Changing one’s lifestyle is very personal. But by you leading by example it will benefit everyone.

    Stay diligent. It gets easier but there will still be tough times – so true with everything.

    ReplyDelete