Total Pageviews

Monday, January 24, 2011

Speed bump coming..

Sunday was another no smoking day for me. Much easier than Friday or Saturday.
The side effects of the patch are getting better. I am also wearing it for less time each day. Taking it off around 7:00 each evening has given me better sleep. I started with Step 3 patch and hope to step down to 2 this Thursday. This will give less nicotine to me but think I am ready for that challenge.
Ready for the cardio and strength training today. Hope to keep up with my good Friday pace.

I have a school job this Wednesday which is an hour away. This will have several triggers that I have not had to deal with as of yet. Driving will be a biggy but thus far I have successfully made my truck a non-smoking zone. Carrots and gum will be needed for the trip. The trip home will be the hardest since I will be tired and likely out of goodies if I do not plan ahead. Having not worked in a while could cause some stress. Only a small bump in the road to success. This will also cause me to miss a workout day.

In the greenhouse this weekend gave me a surprise. Walked in to a very strong fragrance, my huge brugmansia was in full bloom. I have seen this many times but never smelled it so strong. Maybe the taste and smell is not just imagination after all.
Appetite has increased so I am eating lots of fruits, veggies and trail mix.
Ready for the week.

5 comments:

  1. Stick to the fruits and vegetables!

    Also, for just a few bucks you can have your truck detailed - cleaned up and smelling good. It will make you very reluctant to smoke in it - and 'throw the money away'.

    Proud of you - You are not over the hump yet but the more days you rack up the easier it gets.

    Also, good on you for planning for the stressors - just work the plan and chew the gum and do whatever you have to - remember, each day, regardless of what happens - not smoking is priority NUMBER ONE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advise and encouragement.
    We think alike on things. I was going to clean out and de-fumigate my truck. Like the idea of do not waste the money. I do not think the Wednesday workday will be all that hard just need to be prepared.
    Each day I am more determined to becoming a Non-Smoker.

    Workouts went great this morning. Did my cardio and strength routine AND Kolby's Kinetic Express. This is 8 stations that you rotate through three times. Thirty minutes of fast pace exercise. It was fun and I liked having the others there to talk with afterwards. I think this will be a M-W-F addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Dad, you're making so much progress.
    James, I'm really impressed with all your good tips.
    I'm proud of both of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Francie.
    I am also very proud of both of you.

    The day is not done but no smokes today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smokeless Monday and sun going down on no smoke Tuesday.
    Tomorrow may be hard but I am prepared with my munches in the truck.

    ReplyDelete