Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 29, 2011

12/28/10-1/28/11

FUNctional strength.....I like that.
One month into the plan I can feel noticeable differences. I have been able to keep the 5 days a week routine but missed Wednesday so will make it up today. I have 2 Saturdays in the bank from past weeks but will still go today.
Yesterday I started the strength training with the additional weight. Did the cardio with increases in incline, time and speed. Also did the Express class. I am a bit sore from the new program.
Very proud of the progress I have made. I can tell that the workouts have made daily chores easier. I am sure when gardening really begins that I will find those task easier too.
I see no difference in the Step 2 patch and smoking. Smoke free another day. I will need to follow the plan and not try to jump ahead thinking I am cured. This may be hard as I like quick results.

Cleaned the inside of the truck really good. I could no longer stand the stench. My apologies to anyone who ever had to ride with me. OMG ! Sorry guys, I just did not know.
The Monday jury duty was cancelled so now free that day. Meeting on Wednesday but I can work around it easily, I guess priorities do make a difference.
By spring I will have made even more progress in my conditioning, be a Non-Smoker and excited about my plants for the Spring Plant Sale. Warmer weather will be nice too.
Getting there. Thanks for your support.
Gym Rat

4 comments:

  1. Wow! So much progress! What a changed routine and set of priorities you have and you've done it in a few weeks. I'm proud of you, Dad. More importantly, you are proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pleased with my progress. I will be proud when I can say Non-Smoker. Getting there, made another day.

    Saturday met a friend at fitness center. We did the treadmill and bike together. Time flies, hour later my legs were tired and tight. Longest time ever on these machines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friends do make exerise go by fast.

    I read this in an article James linked to on his blog:
    Habitual smokers report having fewer withdrawal symptoms and less intense cravings for a cigarette after they've been to the gym; even mild workouts and stretching can help stave off a relapse.

    See: http://www.slate.com/id/2281852/

    Exercise also helps prevent Alzheimers, so you're doing a lot of work in those workouts!

    I did my first workout at the gym yesterday.

    Love you....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good on ya for the workouts.

    Working out does seem to help with the smoking. Maybe it is the getting healthy idea as well as the exercise.

    Love you..

    ReplyDelete