Total Pageviews

Friday, January 14, 2011

After last night, not quitting....

...but becoming a Non-Smoker.
I got word that Kolby, my teacher and trainer, will not be able to make the class tonight as his wife is giving birth to their first baby.
Temps near freezing, starting to get dark, great ball game on TV and I am settled into my chair with toasty blanket, my day is done. I am sure they will reschedule this for next week. Reasons, excuses and just a slight delay.
I will do ANYTHING to be a Non-smoker !
So I head out the door for the drive across town to the fitness center. I had invited my friend Zerk to join me in the classes. He has surgery coming up and the Dr. will not operate on a smoker. Surprise, he's there waiting on me. This will be good for both of us to have a friend's support. Another lady had signed up but was a no show.
Got the book, discussed the program and have the first weeks assignment. Chart every cigarette you smoke for the next week. Time and location so that you can get your patterns. In 12 weeks or less I will be a Non-smoker !
I have been ready for weeks for this to start. I think my head is right.
Headed home and have a smoke to reward myself. Now that makes real good sense.
At home a cup of hot chocolate is waiting for me. Now that is a reward.
So the program starts....5:30 a.m., first cup of coffee, writing on the blog, light one up.

The cardio went well yesterday. Look forward to the workout today. Got a few tip from James from our conversation. Still a bit sore in some areas. I think my workouts are about to become a habit.

1 comment:

  1. The cig journal is a great idea. I have done that with food and it works - it makes you conscious of what you are doing.

    I bet in a few days you will not want to write down the smokes - you will rather go without than write them down.

    However, at this stage, don't change anything. Smoke when you want. That way you will be better prepared for your triggers.

    This technique works with everything - smoking, eating, even grief.

    ReplyDelete