Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Excuses or Challenges

As I start my 5th week at the Fitness Center, there are many excuses or challenges for the week. I hate the cold and love my routine. Today it is cold and rainy with sleet/snow mix likely later today. My outside activity today will only be getting the newspapers. The weather and activities will cause me to overcome both of these obstacles. I am proud of the gains that I have made in my workouts. On the treadmill, I have upped the incline and speed a notch and increased the time by 10 minutes. The strength machines have become a bit easier but still tough on the last few reps on some. By next week I want to increase in all of these activities.
My workout routine is from 8:30 to 10:00 on most days.

Monday- the weather will be 35 to 22 for the day, maybe snow or sleet. Master Gardener's meeting is at 10:00 a.m. I can start a bit early and make both of these. An early start is not a problem for me.
Tuesday-the weather will be 39 to 20 but no moisture. Keep Jacksonville Beautiful meets at 8:30 but only last for about an hour. Workout after the meeting will still let me finish before noon.
Wednesday- 37 to 28 temperatures with a Texas AgriLife meeting at 9:00. This meeting may be an hour and a half with a half hour drive. Begin workout at 11:00 ish, still doable. Not real sure of the importance of this meeting.
Thursday- Temps 46-33, not a problem. Regular 8ish workout time but Smoking Cessation meeting at 6:00 p.m. I like to be home by late afternoon and hate coming in or going out after dark. This is worth it and I think the meetings will be changed to mornings after this first one. Must do this no matter what the schedule requires. Remember, I will do Anything to quit.
Friday- No weather issues or activities today. Hope to chart my gains and up the goals a bit.

As you see the schedule and weather could give me some cop outs. My trainer said work out 3-4 times a week but I like the 5 days better and have made it my routine for a month now.
This will be my toughest week to get everything done. My only doubt is the Wednesday meeting, all others will be done.

2 comments:

  1. Around noon the snow began to fall, by 3 it was slacking up a bit. Schools will be delayed until 10:00 in the area.
    Could this go from excuse to reason or just be a bigger challenge ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. USM closed until noon today. It is high 30's monday morning and no rain or slow. I'm just sleeping in having another cup of coffee.

    I like your plan. Remember, if you don't have a plan then you plan to fail.

    You have the plan - now just execute.

    ReplyDelete