Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Symposium and chocolate donuts....

The Symposium went well with folks from 4-5 counties represented. Dave did his usual great presentation, this time on soil preparation. Kim, our extension agent also did well on butterfly gardening. The Forest service guy was from Nacogdoches and I do not think very well prepared. I got there early and helped set up. Coffee and donuts were just too easy to get so made 2 passes on this. The Fuchia baskets went over well as the door prizes. We had 4 winners. We were also given 50 dogwood trees by the Texas Forest Service. These are bare root and need to be potted up soon. These went fast to members who will try to successfully grow them out for our fall sale. If we can be successful these will be big sellers this fall.
I was sore this morning from the Friday exercise. But most of it will be gone by this afternoon, I think. The Kids Fest tomorrow for an hour or so will finish out my MG chores for the week.
Some of my smoking friends missed me in the smoking area. Glad I can still say No Thanks, I'm a Non-Smoker.

No comments:

Post a Comment