Total Pageviews

Monday, May 2, 2011

April showers- May flowers ?

The storms that blew through the southern states did not give me much in the way of rainfall last week. We were also slated for 80% over night but very little here. I did hear brief sprinkles during the night but not even wet pavement this morning. We need rain so bad, still burning ban for most of East Texas. Not great for our plants.
The Kids Fest went well and our booth looked good and things went well. Hand outs from the Texas Forest Service were nice, Smokey the Bear is always a hit. We did well in answering gardening questions and made some good connections for potential new members.
May will begin my 5th month for workouts and not smoking. I still am sometimes amazed at the progress I have made in several areas. I am beginning to notice even more my strength while doing gardening chores. Pleased and proud of this.
Today is Monday so I will do my hard day of workout. With two days off, Mondays are always tough. I really want to strengthen my legs as this is my most needing area. I am sure the Pump will have plenty to offer me.
Getting close to heading out time.
Maybe we will still get some rain.

2 comments:

  1. Rain off and on but not much in the gauge.
    Did my treadmill but not the strength machines. This made my Express and Pump class a bit easier. May just do it this way every M-W-F. This may let me add weight to the bar sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you're not getting rain. We've gotten enough for all of us. But it's beautiful and sunny today in the upper 60s. Hoping the sunhine will last as I have a harbourwalk planned tomorrow and we've signed the whole family up for a Mother's Day 8 km walk at the Botanic Gardens in Sydney.
    Keep up the good work on the workouts. Can't wait to see you in person!

    ReplyDelete