Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Spring time in East Texas

The weather this year is nothing like the average spring here. We have had very cool nights (low 40's) for several nights now. Cool, cloudy, damp and windy but no rain. Seems like the rain continues to just go around us. North of us has had even flash floods but from us south we are still so dry there is the burn ban for almost all of South East Texas, even Jasper. This means watering anything that you want to grow.
This is Wednesday so my harder day at the fitness center. I did get by yesterday and get my miles logged. My pace is faster and longer each week. I will not do my usual cardio and strength routine prior to the Express and Pump. Not sure why I have not taken the advise of those who know on this. I may try to add just a bit of weight to the bar for the Pump. I also need to realize that a rest day is important for our muscles. Seeing how intense the Pump is, it will be best for me to just do treadmill or walks on days following it.
The 100 day mark on not smoking has come and gone with little celebration. I noticed that they have started another class, not sure how many have signed up this time. Zerk told me he needed to go back for a second helping. I knew it as you can not hide the smoking signs.
Let's see what today brings...

2 comments:

  1. I did add a little weight to the bar for the Pump class. By not doing the weight exercises prior to this class helped a lot. The lunges still are the killers for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud that you've made it into Non-Smoker-hood!

    ReplyDelete