Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Just Gardening..

With the cataract surgery Monday and follow up Tuesday there has not been much exercise. I am not to do any real exercise for a week so that puts me out until Sunday or really Monday. I can treadmill all I want or just walk. I have taken advantage of that and did the left turn hill out the driveway. Treadmill today but really just wanted to see and touch base with Frank and the gang. So about all to report on is gardening.
First and most important, watch out for the tomato horn worms. These moth caterpillars are out and hungry. They can clean a tomato plant in a day. The tiny cat will easily grow to thumb size in a day. I hate them and found several in various sizes on the tomatoes yesterday. This had me checking and finding more throughout the day. None this morning so far. Fran and I have a good many little tomatoes coming along to let the worms get them. We are growing only the heirloom type since they are hard to buy and expensive. Also went for veggies at a farmer friend. I am a bit early as only onions are ready, I'm rushing the taters. I did locate a blackberry source and will get my first gallon today. Only hope my other sources come through and I am able to get more. Love those things on my ice cream at night and Cheerios in the morning.

Thankfully smoking is not even a passing thought now but also know to keep watch for the curves that can get thrown at you.

1 comment:

  1. Got a little rain last night, not much but a little. Also already picked another large horn worm off the tomatoes. Maybe more rain this afternoon and cooler temps.
    Found a source and got a gallon of blackberries yesterday. Yep, had some last night and again this morning with my Cheerios. WooHoo !

    ReplyDelete