Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Be careful on what you wish for....

Monday is always a bit hard but I was really ready to get to the center yesterday. After a quick internet search for Boston and finding that it was 38 degrees, I was out the door around 8:00. I was hoping James had planned ahead for this weather.
An old friend that I had not seen in forever was at the center. We visited for a while and caught up on things as we got our treadmill time. This made the distance and time fly. I then knocked out my strength training stations, made my 2 rounds with my selected weight. Good beginning for a Monday. It was time for Express but only 3 of us there and no Kris. There were decorations and some sort of dig deal being made--- Re-introduction of the Body Pump, or something like that.
Anyway I had time for Frank to help me set up for the Pump and select the amount of weight for each of the exercises. I was as ready as I was going to get. Things were just falling into place, must be karma.
Equally split between male and female, young and older about 12-15 folks filed into the smaller classroom. Two gals that looked like they could spank the average size guy would be our leaders. The gals took turns yelling instructions over very loud music. It was difficult for me to follow the routines but I did hang on and complete most being only a step or so behind. Towards the end we did lunges with the weighted bar behind our head and across the shoulders. I could do only a few reps of this one. The hour had passed and I was whipped, wondering if I wanted to do this again. This may work into my schedule but I will not be sad if there are conflicts. I did not like the crowded classroom, loud music or female shouting but do admit it was a good workout and used most muscle groups. I am sore this morning and know that I worked out. I will just have to see how this fits into my other activities. I also remember that first times are always the hardest in any activity. At the end of the session I won the T-shirt.
Been there, done that and got the T-shirt.
Oh, made the Hill again yesterday afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Wednesday morning and I am still sore. Hard time sleeping last night--sore.
    Did not do the hill yesterday as I spent most of the afternoon at the eye doctors office. I will need to schedule cataract surgery soon.

    Will see how the legs and shoulders feel when it gets time to decide on the PUMP. I know it will only get better but that bad boy hurt me Monday.

    ReplyDelete