Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Stormy Weather.....

Yesterday brought many storms with hail, wind and a few tornadoes to the area. Similar activities are predicted for today, mainly afternoon. We got some rain, about 1/2 inch before dark, then a little more last night. Wind damage in the area but not here. Hope the rain continues but the hail and wind stays away.
The tomatoes are doing well, with one plant having about 5 large marble sized fruit growing. I talked to a truck farmer friend yesterday. He said onions, red potatoes ready in a week or two, other veggies not far behind. Nothing like the first plate of fresh veggies in East Texas.
We have about 135 first graders coming out to the Arboretum this morning for a tour. Hope there is not any wind damage out there. I have 5 other Master Gardener's helping with the kids. This should be fun and make the morning.
Workouts were a tough Monday workout. Got there a little after 8:00 and got my cardio and strength training out of the way. Kris was back for the 9:00 Express class which went well although I found it hard doing several of the exercise stations. After that good half hour of work, I headed to the Body Pump class. Set up my station and did not overload my bar with weights. This is a hard hour of constant movement which works all areas of the body. I was very tired after the class but glad I was able to complete it. For me this is hard but rewarding and I can see setting a goal for adding weight to my bar. The time for the class also makes it hard to schedule all 3 days of the week. I will just see how this goes and be satisfied for the time being. Next class, Wednesday, I will miss because of the eye doctors appointment. I do not want to over do things but also want to push myself. Yesterday was a good 9 on the toughness scale.
Hope for more rain but none of the other stuff.

2 comments:

  1. That's a lot of exercise for Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stormy afternoon and evening again today.
    First grade kids were fun this morning at the Arboretum and Demo.
    Dr. appointment in the morning so only a little exercise class tomorrow. Will have to miss the pump.

    ReplyDelete