Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Wednesday workouts

Wednesday at the fitness center had a large crowd of folks new to me. Summer vacation from school brought in some folks. I started with the treadmill to warm up a bit, then did "the Wall", Express 30 minute class. Kris put us through the paces, I think to impress some of the new participants. Then came the Pump. This class had new folks too. Also noticed that some that were here Monday were no shows today. Pump is tough and Heidi pushes you hard. I have improved in most of the exercises although I have not added the amount of weight I would like yet. It will come. Lunges are still the killer for me and I am not able to keep up in this section. Squats are hard but I can manage to get this done.
Still hot and dry with records being set for high temps almost every day. The farmers that have good irrigation are making it but hand watering is hard and not very effective. My little crop of tomatoes are doing well with several almost ripe. We had 2 of the yellow "Jean Flamme" French heirlooms last night. Fran's Cherokee Purple are large and beginning to turn. Good eating soon. I love the fresh veggies this time of year. My sources for produce allows me lots of goodies. With Fran and I both non-smokers now, our sense of taste gives us a treat almost every day.
Some folks in the area have had showers in the afternoon. Wish we could get some of that as the rain is much needed and the relief from the heat is nice even if only short lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment