Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Battles we fight

Checking on the tomatoes this morning early found the signs of horn worms again. Finally found that bad boy and he was a big one. Lots of damage but I hate most that he got some young tomatoes. The heat and drought have me watering almost every day. Also noticed yesterday that a few birds were checking out a few of my prize heirlooms are starting to change colors. Seems like a lot of work and worry for tomatoes.
Today is Wednesday so this means Express, that we now call "the wall", and the Pump classes. I did get by yesterday to get some time on the treadmill and a few of my exercises. I am still a bit sore from Monday. At least I am not battling the lay off any more. We will see how much I am able to do today. Monday had a big group of new folks, let's see how many will come back.

Saturday is Tomato Fest. Master Gardeners run the tomato growing contest. I think we may have a good entry from the HOPE garden. It would be neat for us to get the $100 prize.


Still a Smoke free house. Fran is on her last leg with the patches. Go girl !

No comments:

Post a Comment