Total Pageviews

Friday, February 4, 2011

Winter Wonderland

The view from my office is beautiful. As forecast, the over night snow came and continues this morning. Maybe 3-4 ", but for east Texas, that brings things to a standstill. Most schools and some other businesses have closed for the day. With an ice base for the snow and 22 degree temps, we may have some issues. Above freezing temps will not come before noon tomorrow. I guess this made my decision from excuse to reason for not venturing out today. Exercise with Fran or just some cal for today. May even try the Burpee (with push ups). Hope to get two half hour sessions but it is not the fitness center.
I am 2 weeks smoke free which should be a big deal. This is just a milestone and not the goal and could easily be a trap. Not sure why I am struggling with wearing the patch. I am still wearing the Step 2 and have another weeks supply. Why do I think that I am smarter than the Cooper-Clayton plan, which calls for several more weeks of Step 2 ? I am thinking that I do not need it and am ready to just be a Non-Smoker. All research states that following the plan give much greater success rates. Maybe the meeting that was canceled yesterday was more important than I thought. What is another month in the big picture ?
Follow the plan.

2 comments:

  1. You sound like James. Enjoy the snow. Stay warm and smoke-free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saturday morning and still below freezing with snow covered roads. Sun is up and warming things, roads should be clear soon.
    Not much in the exercise department yesterday. Need to get to gym today.
    Still can not get into the greenhouse to see the damage.
    Still not smoking.
    More snow next week ? Come on now.

    ReplyDelete