Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 19, 2011

A good Friday...

....but not Good Friday.
Started the day with early arrival at the fitness center. Did my thing and pushed hard on the strength areas. I had to miss the class because of the Master Gardener work day that started at 9:00 a.m.
The work day went well and I enjoyed it. About 15 showed up to prune things up, mulch areas and just general winter clean up. With 15 folks working 3 hours each, we were able to get most chores on the list completed. The Demo Garden is now ready for it's spring show. It will be interesting to see what plants made it and which will need replaced. Seemed funny to not have "smoke breaks". All of the gang are encouraging me with my new life style. I did not notice that much difference in my physical activities but most jobs were easy and did not require that much effort.

On the bad side, the chores we did at the Demo are also needed here at home. So much of my place is so overgrown that many days of work are needed here. Seems like last year all of my gardening time went to Master Gardener project leaving my place neglected. Better plans for this year.
I got my gardening time, 5 days of work outs and still not smoking, so it was a good week. I will catch a few ball games on the tube, March Madness will be here soon.

1 comment:

  1. I pruned roses and did a few of my garden chores done but have a long way to go to get this place looking better.
    Tummy not feeling so good.
    Still not smoking.
    Most of my teams lost in the basketball games yesterday.

    ReplyDelete