Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A box of Chocolates ....

Valentine's was nice with a box of special chocolates and gift card from Fran. I have been wanting and needing a new pair of running shoes so will use the card. A very nice day which ended with another smokeless day.
Workouts started early so that I could get to Master Gardener meeting. They went well and I noticed that I have made gains in all areas. On the strength machines I have almost doubled my starting point. The military press still is tough and not quite there with it. Cardio has increased in time, incline and speed. I see big improvements here too. Still like the class and competition has me pushing each activity so gains are there also. Just started the elliptical so need time to master it.
Very proud of myself in this area.
Master Gardener meeting went well. With the ten or so visitors and new interns we had a full house. We seem to have lots of interest in the community and are growing. Projects are lined up and with the temps warmer we will begin with a work day at the Demo this Friday. I need to line up a dump truck full of wood chips for delivery prior to the work day. We will also start potting up things for the sale. I think that all of us are ready to get our hands dirty and start digging in the dirt. Lunch with Dave and Keith was pleasant and only motivated me more in all three of my change areas.
I will start my day with the workout and then head out to the Demo Gardens. I just want to check on things and have an idea as to the chores we need to do Friday. This may also give me an idea on how the functional strength applies to gardening. If improvements are as much as I expect then I think that all three areas are meshing together well.

No comments:

Post a Comment