Total Pageviews

Friday, February 11, 2011

Success is NOT an event, it is a journey.

I am very proud of the 3 weeks of smoke free milestone but realize that is just a step to success. My struggle with when to go to step 1 patch was solved. ( Thanks JameO ) I got the 2 weeks box of step 2 and 2 weeks box of step 3. This should put me at Non Smoker in mid-March. This also happens to be the average last frost day for my zone 8 gardening area. With the temps in the teens for the last 2 mornings, I so look forward to warmer weather and the title of Non Smoker.
Smoking class yesterday went well and I am glad that it came around when it did. Zerk will have surgery in 2 weeks so he is on a fast track. He can not have any nicotine in his body so the patches must go soon for him. I was tempted but know the full plan is best for me. I will not have my partner in class so will plan for that. The program talked about rewarding yourself for successes. I am thinking about some new gym gear.
I look forward to workout today. I enjoyed and kicked butt in the class on Wednesday. I pumped out the push-ups which surprised the coach and class members. The M-W-F workouts are longer and tougher but also give me better results. I started the elliptical yesterday and see a long journey to get where I want to be with it. This may spice up my Tues.-Thursday sessions. A milestone of 2 months in workouts comes Monday. I have managed to keep the 5 days a week plan.
Tomorrow Keep Jacksonville Beautiful has a clean up day. Hope for warmer weather. Master Gardeners meets Monday. Still no real answers about life in the greenhouse. Need to start thinking about the plants in my Spring Plant Sale booth. I have been top seller for several years now so do not want to give that title up.

Good luck James on your run in New Orleans this weekend. Take no chances as you have Boston coming up sooner than you think. I would think that Boston would be a big event.
Thanks to all for encouraging words, it helps.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing great. We have not got the cold temps that you have experienced. Today is the coldest here at about 20 degrees. Oklahoma was -31 yesterday - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today the workout and Express class was hard but good. Finally warming a bit. Next week looks to be great weather. Maybe I will venture out to the greenhouse and get a better idea of the plant loss.

    ReplyDelete