Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Not so fast there......

Wednesday workouts began as usual with the cardio and strength training. Pushed each to at least a high medium effort. Then the Kinetic Express class started. We had more folks this time and even some new ones. Not sure why but Kolby kicked it up a notch or two. Several new and different exercises to test us. I knew I could hang with the best of them, I started strong for the first round, almost cocky. Second round was hard as I pushed through each station. Round three and I could only hang on and try to finish each activity. Thirty minutes later and I was dead tired, trembling legs and other body parts. Only good thing was that as I looked around, many others were also sucking wind. Hardest workout session ever for me but a good one. Somehow my new,shiny New Balance running shoes did not ease the pain. Today I am sore in places that I did not think could hurt.

Cessation class this after noon. I will just go in a bit early and do my cardio. With warm weather, I want to do some gardening chores. May pot up a few things for the sale. Still dread doing inventory in the greenhouse.

Smoke free for 1 month, 4 weeks or 28 days, however you want to count it. Every Ex-smoker tells me about their time frame for knowing they were Non-Smokers.
I look forward to ditching the patch but have and I guess need several more weeks of it. I really will do Anything to quit smoking.

Sore but pleased with workouts. Glad that I am not smoking. Look forward to gardening chores and the work day with the gang at the Demo Garden tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hard workouts and spent at the end. That is how you know they are working. It never gets easier. You just get faster, stronger, better.

    In the near futuer, I foresee me and you getting on an airplane and flying across the globe. There will be no worries about smokes or fitness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that forecast, James! Can't wait to greet you on this end of the world.

    ReplyDelete