Total Pageviews

Monday, February 14, 2011

Almost Spring, well for the next week

The temps have really warmed up with 70s for the next week or so. This usually fires me up and has me jump the gun on gardening. I do know the cold will return for more than a month. I do want to get the Oakleaf hydrangeas potted up for the plant sale. This has been my best sale plant for the last several years. Folks come to the sale and ask for them. Hope to have around 20-25 of them ready for the sale. Cold weather will not harm them.

Master Gardener's meeting today. This will cause me to begin workouts early. Mondays are hard but like the routine and class. Activities of last week shortened my training to only 4 days. This was the first time since I began the routine. Week nine starts today. I can see and feel progress which keeps me going.
Smokeless day 25 today. They seen to be easy now but know the real test will come later down the line. Many changes to the body and mind.

The Keep Jacksonville Beautiful clean up day was Saturday and went well. Not many but more than expected showed up and we picked up a good bit of trash. There was a Valentine activity at the Norman center that night. Hate to see the litter that the event produced. Almost seems like a win less battle. Guess this is like gardening, workouts and not smoking, one day at a time.

3 comments:

  1. Almost a month smoke free now! It will get easier but you have to stay on your gaurd. It takes just a slip and you go back to square one. I know, I have done it many times. One smoke and you are back to a pack a day tomorrow.

    So proud of you and I know you will do well at the plant sale.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cardio, strength and the class today.
    I know I am getting stronger.
    Good meeting at Master Gardeners.

    ReplyDelete