Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

One year ago

December 14 was my first day in the gym and the first real effort to become a non-smoker. Some days feel like I have been working out for a long time and other days let me know that I am really just a beginner. I can say that my first workouts are not much more than a warm up now. I remember first joining the Express class and barely making it through the half hour. Whispering "Is that all you got ?" A little later came the Body Pump, an additional hour of hard work. I did not think that I would ever be at the place I am now with the physical fitness stage that I have reached. The biggest achievement has been health improvements that came with not smoking. Very proud of my progress of this year.
Monday was the Christmas luncheon for Master Gardeners. Dave's last meeting and Jim will be our 2012 President. I know he will do great. Enjoyed the day but it did mean that I was not able to do the full workout at the gym. Wednesday will be Fran's follow up visit to her doctor in Tyler. This will also shorten my workouts.
Almost forgot that Keep Jacksonville Beautiful meets this morning. Better get to going. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment